USB 3.0 Dual Bay Duplicator Dock
Fit Two 2.5-inch & 3.5-inch SATA I, II, III Hard Drives or SSDs up to 4TB. Access 2 SATA drives via a single USB host at the same time. The ORICO 6629US3-C 2 Bay USB 3.0 Dock is designed to manage all your drives and files.
The ORICO 6629US3-C with Super Speed USB 3.0 enabled offers a reliable connectivity up to 5Gbps, which is 10X faster than USB 2.0 and helps transfer files in seconds, not minutes. The superspeed USB 3.0 connection is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0. It works when attached to USB 2.0 or any other earlier version USB host.
The ORICO 6629US3-C works with your drive as an external hard drive when under "PC Mode". It can also work as a duplicator to help back up files from a source drive to a target hard disk with simply one click (One-Key Backup).
When manually switched to "Clone Mode" via the control switch on the rear panel, you can click the Start Button on the rear panel to back up the entire source drive to the another drive. Most importantly, you don't need to attach the dock to a computer or take any further complicated steps when backing up. The dock will help you back up your drive without disturbing you. Duplicating (backing up) speed is 60 to 80 MB per second and the process won’t draw the CPU or memory usage since you don't need to connect the dock to a computer when backing up.
Progress Bar shows How Many Files have been Backuped
One-Key Backup is “Disk to Disk” copy, but not “File to File”. Backing up an empty 1 TB drive will take just as long as backing up a filled 1 TB drive. Usually 4 hours is needed to backup a 1 TB drive. A handy Progress Bar lets you see how roughly how many files have been been backed up and how much time is left.
Plug and Play
The ORICO 6629US3-C with tool free construction allows you to mount drives without tools or screws. Plug & Play — no additional driver or software needed. All you need is to attach this device to a computer and power strip, then insert your drives. Now you can manange all your drives and files.
Note - About One-Key Backup
- Any files in the target hard drive will be overwritten when using One-Key Backup. Please back up files in the target hard drive before duplicating and DO NOT start unexpected duplicating.
- Please ensure the volume of the target hard drive is larger than source hard drive when making a backup. Drives from the same manufacturer with the same model number may have tiny differences in volume and that may cause a failure during back up. Please DO remember to contact the ORICO Customer Care Team if you experience any issue when using or backing up.
- Turn off the ORICO dock, disconnect the USB cable, plug source hard drive to source HDD Slot and target hard drive to Target HDD Slot, set the control switch on rear panel to “Clone”, then turn on the ORICO dock and click the “Start” button on rear panel to start duplicating.
- Please DO NOT stop when using One-Key Backup. Stopping the process will cause the backup to fail and may damage files or drives.
- Most importantly, please ENSURE that you inserted the correct drive into the correct slot when backing up.